In this section you will find information about Western’s admission requirements, policies and supports that are available to you.

For information about Western’s requirements for entrance into each academic program, visit
Western’s website or email our Indigenous Liaison Admission Coordinator.

Top of Page

General Admissions

Western’s admission requirements are divided into different student categories: High school, transfer and mature students.

Select the category that best describes you, then find the category-specific admission requirements.

If you have any questions about admission to Western, email the Indigenous Liaison Admission Coordinator.

Top of Page

Aboriginal Admissions Access Category

Western is committed to increasing access to postsecondary education for Indigenous students. The purpose of the Aboriginal Access Admission Category is to encourage Indigenous individuals to apply to Western for their undergraduate degrees and to provide them with extended academic, personal and cultural supports for their transition and success.

Aboriginal Admissions pathways are also available for the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Master of Physical Therapy, School of Social Work and Faculty of Law.

Top of Page

Transition Programs

The Academic Transition Opportunities (ATO) Program offers academic, cultural and personal supports to Indigenous undergraduate students.

The supports include orientation workshops, tutoring, academic advising, cultural programming, mentorship opportunities and more.

Top of Page

Mature Students

If you have not attended a high school or college full time for at least 4 years, you might be considered a mature student.

Read Western’s mature applicant admissions regulations to find out how you can transition to university.

Top of Page

Transfer Policies

If you are interested in transferring to Western from another university or college, view Western’s college transfer and university transfer policies and supports.

You can also find out if you are eligible for course transfers through the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer, an organization that provides information about credit transfers in Ontario.

Top of Page

Back to Top