In this section you will find information about Waterloo’s admission requirements, policies and supports that are available to you.

To find out about Waterloo’s requirements for entrance into each academic program, visit Waterloo’s
admission requirements website.

Top of Page

General Admissions

Waterloo’s admission requirements are divided into different categories of students that include high school and transfer students. Each category has different requirements and admission policies. Select the category that suits you best and then find the admission requirements specific to your category.

Top of Page

Indigenous Student Policy

During the academic year, university recruiters travel throughout Ontario to visit Indigenous students in many high schools and community organizations.

These recruiters are part of the Aboriginal Post-Secondary Information Program (APSIP), a collection of Indigenous recruiters from Ontario and Quebec colleges and universities. They will have the most up-to-date information about applying to your university as an Indigenous student.

Read more about APSIP on their Facebook page.

Top of Page

Alternative Admission and Transition Programs

Open Doors is an event designed to give you an opportunity to learn more about support services and academic accommodations offered through AccessAbility Services before university classes begin.

You will also meet other first-year Waterloo students, learn more about AccessAbility Services and reduce or remove barriers to achieving your academic and personal goals.

Top of Page

Mature Students

If you haven’t attended a high school or college full time for at least 2 years, you might be considered a mature student.

View Waterloo’s mature student policy to find out how you can transition to university.

Top of Page

Transfer Policies

If you are interested in transferring to Waterloo from another university or college, visit Waterloo’s website for information about its transfer policies and supports.

You can also find out if you are eligible for course transfers through the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer, an organization that provides information about credit transfers in Ontario.

Top of Page

Back to Top