Admission requirements differ depending on the university and the academic program you choose. In this section you will find information about the University of Ottawa’s admission requirements, policies and supports that are available to you.

To find out about uOttawa’s requirements for entrance into each academic program, please
visit the uOttawa admission website.

Top of Page

General Admissions

uOttawa’s admission requirements are divided into different categories of learners that include Ontario secondary school, transfer and mature students. Select the category that describes you best and then find the admission requirements specific to your category.

Top of Page

Aboriginal Learner Policy

In the Faculty of Health Sciences, the School of Nursing offers a collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program that provides a supportive learning environment for First Nations, Métis and Inuit learners. The School of Nursing works closely with uOttawa’s Indigenous Resource Centre to ensure that Aboriginal students achieve success and fulfillment as nursing professionals.

The Faculty of Medicine has established a dedicated admission process for candidates of Aboriginal ancestry to improve accessible health care for First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and to better serve society’s needs. Learn more about this admission process.

At the Faculty of Law, persons of First Nations, Métis and Inuit ancestry may apply as either general or discretionary applicants. Check out how to apply to uOttawa’s Faculty of Law as an Aboriginal applicant.

Top of Page

Mature Learners

If you haven’t attended secondary school or college full time for at least 2 years, you might be considered a mature learner. Check out uOttawa’s mature learner policy to find out how you can transition to university as a mature learner.

Top of Page

Transfer Policies

If you are interested in transferring to uOttawa from another university or college, uOttawa’s website gives you helpful information on its transfer policies and supports. You can also check out your eligibility for course transfers through the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer, an organization that provides information on credit transfers in Ontario.

Top of Page

Back to Top