Student Services

Safe Spaces (such as Rainbow Centres and LGBTQ Centres)

Many Ontario universities offer safe and inclusive spaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersexed, queer, questioning, two-spirited (LGBTTIQQ2S) individuals and allies – heterosexual friends, family relatives and anyone who supports LGBTQ people. They also provide supports if you need to learn more about your sexuality. Check out our university profiles to find out what your university offers for LGBTTIQQ2S learners.

Top of Page

Multi-Faith Centre

Many universities offer a Multi-Faith Centre that provides spaces and supports to celebrate multiple faiths, and that may also include access to spiritual leaders.

Top of Page

Child Care

Many Ontario universities offer either child care options on campus or information about finding child care options near or on campus. If you need child care services during your studies, contact your university’s Aboriginal student centre for information about providers of child care. There is often a high demand for child care spaces, so you should contact the child care centre as soon as possible for an opening.

Top of Page

Career and Co-op Services

At Career Services, you can learn more about writing resumes, preparing for interviews and searching for jobs. You can meet with career advisors who will review your resume, help you to prepare job applications and conduct mock interviews with you.

A co-op placement is a work placement that’s related to your academic program. The placement gives you valuable experience working in the field. For most co-op programs, you need to apply during your first year of study at university. Check out our university profiles to see if your program offers co-op opportunities.

Top of Page

Accessibility Services

Accessibility services offices make sure that all learners with disabilities are provided with the appropriate accommodations to make their academic program accessible. If you are a student with a disability, you are strongly encouraged to reach out to the Accessibility Services office on your campus early in the summer to ensure that accommodations are set up before you get to campus in the fall.

Top of Page

Back to Top